Tara DePorte, who is research fellow at the Labex OT-Med and at the IMéRA (l'Institut d'Etudes Avancées) of Aix-Marseille University and the Founder and Executive Director of Human Impacts Institute developed the series of events called « Climate Dinners ».
The objective of these meetings is to explore ways to “think outside the box” in how we can inspire action on climate change. We come together for a curated conversation amongst academics and practitioners, from artists to climate scientists and psychologists, to explore how we can better engage a broader audience in climate solutions and to investigate how interdisciplinary partnerships can inspire movements.
There is a growing importance of the interdisciplinary collaborations like the ones set up through « Climate Dinners ». In June 2015, the article "Why Climate Action Needs the Arts" was published in « The Guardian ».
The first dinner was held on June 3rd, 2015 (the eve of the MEDCOP21) from 18 h to 20 h in the restaurant l'Entre Pots in Marseille, France.
18:00 - 18:10 Introduction
18:20 - 18:40 Climate and Communication “Speed Dating”
18:40 - 19:50 Jeffersonian-style apératif dînatoire (facilitated by Tara DePorte)
19:50 - 20:00 Closing and Follow-up Ideas
The conversation was very interesting with diverse points of view and ideas.
This discussion will continue during the "Creative Climate Communication Workshop" which will be held on September 17th in Marseille.
List of participants invited to 1st "Climate Dinner":
- Tara de Porte, founder and executive director of Human Impacts Institute, currently a research fellow at IMéRA/OT-MED
- Joël Guiot, director of the Labex OT-MED (climate science)
- Marie Lootvoet, coordinator, AIR Climat (science coordinator)
- Nicolas Haeringer, 350.org (activism/civil society)
- Xavier Giraud, lecturer, CEREGE (climate scientist)
- Catherine Rétoré, Conseil Régional, project manager "l'Air et l'adaptation au changement climatique", Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur (PACA) (regional government)
- Marika Nanquette, president, "Association Portes Ouvertes Consolat" / Galerie Andiamo, Marseille (arts festival)
- Marie-Jo Gaudé, in charge of the exposition, "Association Portes Ouvertes Consolat" / Galerie Andiamo, Marseille (arts festival)
- Alexandra Schleyer-Lindenmann, lecturer, director of ESPACE (UMR 7300)- CNRS / AIX-MARSEILLE UNIVERSITÉ (psychology)
- Marie-Laure Lambert, lecturer HDR – Section CNU: 02, Laboratoire LIEU + CEJU Centre d'Etudes Juridiques d'Urbanisme (law)
- Sarah Carrière Chardon, coordinator, Pecha Kucha Marseille (art)
- Suzanne de Cheveigne, director of "Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique" and director of "Centre Norbert Elias" (sociologue)
- Thierry Botti, manager of CIPRES, Communication, Information, Heritage and Scientific Resources, OSU Institute Pythéas
- Baptiste Lanaspeze, owner, Wildproject (interactive art/installation)
- Simon Morin, journalist, Radio Grenouille
- Pedro Lima, journalist