Calls and Applications
IMéRA and its partners are issuing 4 calls, one per programme. Each programme is associated with a “white” (or general) call and a set of specific residencies jointly managed by local, national or international partners. These specific residencies include chairs reserved for experienced researchers
Interested researchers, writers or artists may apply for one programme only. Please indicate the type of residency you are requesting in your application (general program and/or specific residency).
- Art, Science and Society Programme
- Mediterranean Programme
- “Science Meets Humanities” Programme
- Global Phenomena and Regulation Programme
Applications must be in English or French.
Candidates must submit their applications exclusively on IMéRA's website (candidatures-imera.univ-amu.fr).
Online applications must include:
- Duly completed application form (mandatory fields)
- Files to be downloaded :
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of publications (and/or creations/exhibitions for artists)
- Presentation of research project (maximum 5 pages) with selective bibliography (mandatory for researchers)
- For junior researchers: one to three letters of recommendation
- Additional documents specific to each residency.
SCHEDULE OF CALLS
- Residence schemes (from 3 to 10 months) scheduled between September 2018 and July 2019
- Deadline: Monday 18 September 2017 at 1:00 pm (French time)
- Public announcement of the results: December 2017
ONLY electronic applications can be submitted on IMéRA's website. Applications sent by e-mail or by post will not be considered.
CONTACT : email@example.com
OT-Med/IMéRA RESIDENCY IN THE FRAME OF MEDITERRANEAN PROGRAMME
and here below:
The OT-Med/IMéRA residency is aimed at researchers with a project in connection with global changes and natural hazards in the Mediterranean basin and the semi-arid Sahel regions.
OT-Med (Objective Earth - Mediterranean Basin), a laboratory of excellence sponsored by the university foundation A*MIDEX, includes 10 research laboratories and a research federation.
Its teams are pluridisciplinary including environmental sciences, ecology, law, economic and social sciences.
Deadline : 18 September 2017 at 1:00 pm
Duration of residences: 5 or 10 months
Residence periods (to be chosen by the candidates, several choices are possible):
- 10 Sept 2018 to 8 Feb 2019 (5 months)
- 20 Feb 2019to 12 July 2019 (5 months)
- 10 Sept 2018 to 12 July 2019 (10 months)
Who can qualify ?
Applications are open to researchers of all disciplines, both junior and senior.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Not to have lived in France more than 12 months during the three years preceding this call for applications;
- Hold a Doctorate or PhD;
- Have an employment contract (permanent or not) in a foreign university or research institution during the residency
- Carry out a research project in connection with global changes and natural hazards in the Mediterranean basin and the semi-arid Sahel regions.
- Junior: €2,000 net monthly allowance
- Senior: €3,000 net monthly allowance
Junior Class: Researchers who have 2 to 9 years of full-time research experience after obtaining the PhD (PhD training is not considered in the calculation of experience) as at the closing date of the call for applications.
Senior Class: Researchers with minimum 10 years’ experience in full-time research after obtaining the PhD (PhD training is not considered in the calculation of experience) as at the closing date of the call for applications, and university professors.
Application assessment criteria include, but are not limited to:
- Candidate's course
- Research project;
- Interdisciplinary component;
- Interaction perspective with OT-Med programme partner research centres as well as with Aix-Marseille University research centres and teams. It is essential to have got in touch with a researcher of the team aimed before submitting an application.
Online applications must include:
- Duly completed application form (mandatory fields);
- Files to be downloaded:
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of publications;
- Presentation of research project (maximum 5 pages) with selective bibliography;
- A statement of interest from a researcher of Aix-Marseille;
- For junior researchers: one to three letters of recommendation.